Terrarium Inspired Art Print

I am participating in Lila Rodger's Global Talent Search this year.  Our first assignment is to create wall art that features terrariums. I will have my final piece that I submitted to show you on Tuesday of next week so stay tuned for that.

Anyways here is one of the first pieces I created for the challenge. I ultimately decided not to submit this particular design for the challenge, but I did like it enough to offer it as a print in my Etsy shop.

The idea for this piece was to focus on the life inside the terrarium as opposed to a view of the entire terrarium itself.
This is a mixed media piece. I took scans from some abstract paintings that I had created and made them into decorative papers. I then cut the ground and plants you see here from those papers. Added some little houses, which are also cut paper, and then added some hand-drawn details with pencil, ink and paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this blog, please sign-up for my email newsletter!

Linkie ♥

Translate