The Strawberry Garden


Hello again! I hope that everyone's new year is off to a good start! I have been busy planning my new studio space (I'll have pictures when it's complete) and thinking up new work. The above piece is a piece I did in December and is a continuation of my doll themed work. This piece measures 8 x 10" and is on wood panel with 1" sides. The background design was created by collaging decorative papers, stenciling with paint and with stencil paste. This piece also has a great raised texture. I finished the piece off by collaging various vintage images together.
I have always enjoyed winter (I like the cold), but I can't help but to think about the Spring and Summer during this time of the year. I may be craving sunshine since winters tend to be a little gloomy here in Illinois. Anyways, my inspiration for this collage came from my thoughts of growing a garden this year. I love strawberries, so naturally my fantasy garden would be a strawberry garden! I think that this collage has a very Alice in Wonderland quality to it.
This piece is available for purchase at Wilson's Craft and Clutter in West Frankfort, IL or you can email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this blog, please sign-up for my email newsletter!

Linkie ♥

Translate