Witchy Halloween Ornament and a Website Update

A couple of months ago I decided to try having my own website with blog and shop. I have been trying to find a method that would work best for my business and it seems that the ol' blogger blog was a better fit for me. So I have decided to return to my blog here. You can still find my work at my website at sarahogren.com , but this will be the place for all of my blogging activity. I still have my work on Etsy as well. My apologies for those of you who have been following me back and forth here.

Anyways, I have a new Halloween piece posted in the Etsy shop. It's a Halloween cone with a cute, yet kinda spooky, Victorian witch.  The Witch is a copy of an antique photo that has my drawings over top.


 
The grassy-looking stuff is dried moss. I absolutely love the smell of dried moss. It's very earthy and smells a lot like fresh rain on grass to me.
The cone itself is paper mache that has been painted black and then silver-metallic embossing powder was applied on top. The cone is finished with some cute pumpkins, decorative trim and a black and orange ribbon.
 
I will be posting more new, work over the next few weeks so make sure to stop by the shop and check-out what I have posted.
 
I am also going to be teaching several mixed media collage workshops and jewelry workshops in October out in McHenry, IL.  The class schedule is not quite ready yet, but I will post it here along with instructions on how to take one of my workshops as soon as that information is available.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this blog, please sign-up for my email newsletter!

Linkie ♥

Translate